The Department for Education (DfE) puts small files (known as 'cookies') onto your computer to collect information about how you browse our sites.
Cookies are used to:
- measure how you use our websites so they can be updated and improved based on your needs
- remember the notifications you’ve seen so that we don’t show them to you again
Specific cookies we use are for this site:
You'll normally see a message on the site before we store a cookie on your computer.
Find out more about how to manage cookies.
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use DfE sites. We do this to help make sure our sites are meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on DfE sites
- how long you spend on each DfE page
- how you got to our sites
- what you click on while you’re visiting our sites
We don’t collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information can’t be used to identify who you are.
We don’t allow Google to use or share our analytics data. You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies.
Google Analytics sets the following cookies:
|_ga||This helps us count how many people visit DfE sites by tracking if you’ve visited before||2 years|
|_gat||Used to manage the rate at which page view requests are made||10 minutes|